After years of research, MRVL SKIN SOLUTIONS has discovered The Blue Scorpion Peptide, a combination of amino acids, proteins, enzymes and antioxidants that deliver transformative anti-aging results. For the first time ever in luxury skincare, this breakthrough proprietary peptide is being introduced, alongside our potent formulas that contain powerful active ingredients.
About Blue Scorpions
Throughout history, the term Scorpion has meant “defender” and “intense protector”. This ancient myth has been present in all civilizations symbolizing the unity of life and death, strength, serenity, and dignity. MRVL SKIN SOLUTIONS products are infused with Blue Scorpion Peptide, which is known to stimulate collagen production and support skin rejuvenation. It has also been clinically proven to reduce the signs of aging as well as providing a healthy youthful glow. MRVL product line symbolizes both a “defense” of your youth and “protector” of your natural beauty.
Blue Scorpion Venom is widely known as the most expensive venom in the world and has been studied and used for decades for medical research on various diseases. This research brought to light the extensive combination of amino acids, peptides, proteins, antioxidants, and other compounds essential to anti-aging and maintaining one's youth. MRVL SKIN SOLUTIONS decided to introduce this revolutionary ingredient to the luxury skincare and spa market.
GENERAL Science on Blue Scorpion Peptide
- Peptides are composed of amino acids that are the building blocks of certain proteins needed by the skin, like collagen and elastin.
- Collagen stimulation – peptides include amino acids that stimulate cell regeneration and the production of collagen and elastin to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Catalyst for active ingredient absorption through Hyaluronidase, a glycosidase enzyme.
SPECIFIC CLAIMS WITH SCIENTIFIC SUPPORT
MRVL has identified a new peptide within the venom which has been registered with the International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients Board and has been given the INCI name “Blue Scorpion Venom.” Our trade name is Blue Scorpion Peptide. The Blue Scorpion Peptide has been studied for it benefits and the following has been established scientifically:
Blue Scorpion Peptide is rich in proteins and enzymes such as Hyaluronidase, a glycosidase enzyme, which is a delivery mechanism that will effectively and efficiently deliver the other beneficial skin compounds contained in the formulation.
Hyaluronidase is a “rocket ship” for active key ingredients which speeds up the delivery and is how we get deeper and more effective penetration and more absorption of the other ingredients by breaking down the extracellular matrix and penetrating the epidermis and reaching the dermis layer of the skin.
- Hyaluronidase will act as a catalyst to stimulate and support a more immediate delivery of our key active ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, retinol, and arnica.
- Hyaluronic acid is degraded by hyaluronidase through a mechanism of breaking the glucosaminidic bond and stimulating tissue absorption in the area. The destruction of this bond changes the structure of the dermis and thus allows our product to be infiltrated by the body’s own process for absorption of the residual by-products as a result of the dispersion.* (see source below)
ANTIOXIDANT: Many Individual compounds found in the Blue Scorpion Peptide have antioxidant properties and working together they provide greater antioxidant capacity to protect the skin; the antioxidant compounds scavenge reactive species and neutralize them and protect the skin cells against damage.
The antioxidant properties also counteract unstable free radicals that can damage skin cells and cellular components.
- BSP’s high antioxidant level helps protect skin against free radical damage that causes skin aging, boosts hydration, skin barrier protection and restores skin elasticity and firmness.
Definition of hyaluronidase: a mucolytic enzyme that facilitates the spread of fluids through tissues by lowering the viscosity of hyaluronic acid
*Hyaluronic acid responds to hyaluronidase through a mechanism of breaking the glucosaminidic bond of the HA product and stimulating tissue absorption in the area. The destruction of this bond changes the molecular structure, or the moiety, of the product’s cohesiveness and thus allows the product to be infiltrated by the body’s own process for absorption of the residual by-products as a result of the dispersion ( Kassir, Kolluru, & Kassir, 2011 ).